the latest copy
Who are DFS?
- DFS was established in 1969
- 100 stores nationwide
- 25 new store openings in the past 2 years
- Growing European presence
What did we achieve?
- A guaranteed 20% saving on POS spend, delivering an actual saving of 33% within 12 months
- A saving of £60K on business stationery
- The DFS marketing team has been better able to manage the increase from 80 stores covering 2 brands, to 106 stores and covering 17 brands without additional headcount
- Time saved within the marketing team of 40 hours per week, freeing up resource to concentrate on marketing as opposed to store fulfilment work
- 100% reporting and delivery accuracy
- The system has processed 58,000 orders containing 39,899 products
Why did DFS need help?
- To provide stores with the right marketing and promotional materials to enable them to deliver a brilliant, consistent, in-store environment and experience to their customers – day after day
- To obtain better visibility, control and accountability for all store marketing collateral, POS material and campaign activity
- To understand and impact upon cost efficiencies in the production of all marketing collateral
- To control and monitor spend across all store activity and measure the direct impact on sales growth
How did we do it?
- A bespoke online store ordering platform was built to manage, maintain and monitor all POS, store requirements and suppliers across a multitude of national campaigns and new store openings, with many material formats and despatch dates
- With a dedicated team at ProCo, an online helpdesk provides support to all DFS stores and makes it as easy as possible for them to get what they need, when they need it, enabling them to sell more sofas
- Providing instantaneous reporting and analytics across all areas
- The tracking of despatch, delivery and streamlined invoicing by store
“When we work with a supplier partner now, we make sure they are the right people that we want to work with, that have the right attitude and the right cultural fit for us; supplier partners that are more in tune to help drive efficiencies and work with us on solutions rather than on price alone. ProCo help to ask the right questions to then deliver the right solution.”
Mark Mallinder, Head of Marketing, DFS